Arrival Time and Place
Please arrive at least 5 minutes early for your appointment. The locations of the Appointment Office are as follow:
Coffman Memorial Union 103A, 300 Washington Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis, MN 55455-9940
AS OF 2017 RESIDENT APPOINTMENTS (INCLUDING SATURDAY APPOINTMENTS) WILL BE HELD AT COFFMAN MEMORIAL UNION 103A
Non-Resident Appointments: please visit the Non-Resident Site page here for more information.
Items to bring to the Appointment
To ensure the highest quality service, please bring any and all of the available items below. Please make sure you have all the documents you’ll need listed below BEFORE you attend your appointment. If you do not have all necessary documents, we may ask you to make another appointment.
NEW FOR 2017: Due to a software switch, we strongly suggest bringing an old tax return to your appointment. We unfortunately will not be able to carry forward previous years data this year if you are a returning client to VTAP.
- Bring at least one form of identification, such as a driver’s license or student id as well as a social security card if possible. If not, you must be able to verify your social security number at the very least. If these two pieces information cannot be provided, we will be unable to do your return.
- Form W-2: Shows wages earned.
- 1099-MISC and/or 1099-INT: Shows miscellaneous income and interest income, respectively.
- Form 1098-T – Tuition Statement
- Renters’ documents related to taxes, e.g. Certificate of Rent Paid
- A check with your bank account information for direct deposit.
- Lastly, find out if you are being claimed as a dependent by your parents, or if you are “claiming” yourself as an independent (your parents will have this information)